Sunday, October 5, 2008

My work...




So, yes... I do work over here in Japan, actually. I teach Engrish. Above is is a picture of me "working." I went on a trip the other day to Kumamoto city with four Thai students and a teacher participating in an exchange program. They only speak English and Thai, so I get a bunch of free trips places during work. I love the Thai exchange program.

Below is a picture of a couple of my colleagues. This is the traditional pose of Japanese women.
This is me fighting with the Japanese teacher of English on Ubuyama's dam... epic
Below is another picture of me "working" on our visit to Kumamoto. We stopped at Kumamoto Castle and the guards didn't me in because I didn't have black hair. I took my picture with him because he was actually a nice guy.I was told by a lady at my school that they built the castle with a curved bottom to protect it from ninjas. Apparently ninjas' flying kicks are thwarted by this design and they simply bounce off of the castle midway through the attack.This is actually what my job entails... Playing the monkey and pronouncing words in English in front of elementary and junior high kids. Pretty fun and easy if you ask me.

No comments: