Thursday, October 23, 2008

English Recitation: BLINGIN' BABY


My students recently participated in an English recitation contest in Aso city. It was kind of a pain in the ass for me, since I had to stay after school every day (and sometimes at 7:30 am + after school) to help the kids practice. That meant I was at work from 7:30 until about 6 pm. I am starting to feel like a real Japanese person working such long hours. Though, most of the time I'm just sitting around studying Japanese or checking my email.

Oh... and the above image has nothing to do with the contest. I just like it a lot.


Here are my students owning the stage.

I thought that this was an appropriate shirt to wear to an English recitation contest. "Your word inspired me. STAY!!!"
That's right, we took first place (but was there ever any doubt?)... *BLING!* BLING!*
Take THAT Ichinomia! You got served!


So, now it's more practicing because we are going to the prefecture's contest in mid-November. Really, the extra practice time is okay because I get a day off to travel and get paid just to hang out in the city during the contest... sweet.

1 comment:

erin said...

you are starting to LOOK japanese too!