Wednesday, December 10, 2008

(belated) Thanksgiving!!!


OK...

So, I'm not stupid...

Wait, maybe that's not true...

Anyway, I know that I am posting this "Thanksgiving" post AFTER my Christmas post, but you must remember that Christmas started here well before Thanksgiving (since they don't celebrate Thanksgiving). Regardless and nonetheless, I was able to find a pretty kick ass Thanksgiving celebration over here. And, I only had to drive an hour and 15 minutes to get there! But, it was well worth it. In a land of fish, rice and seaweed, turkey is a rare commodity. My friend had to drive 2 hours to Fukuoka's Costco to buy it!

I love turkey and gravy!!!!!!!!!!

The party was held in a very nice restaurant, creatively named "Restaurant." Oh, how I love the Japanese people!


A classic image of what it's like to be a foreigner in Japan. Truly...

"Oh wow! Look at the gaijin carving the turkey!!! Quick. Take a picture!"


Yay! Turkey and pumpkin pie! I DO have a lot to be thankful for this Thanksgiving!

No comments: