Tuesday, November 4, 2008

It's been confirmed! (2 things, in fact)



Since I first came to Japan, I had been sleeping on a futon on my tatami floor like a real Japanese person. Despite having a bed upstairs, I thought that this would give me a more authentic experience. Well, after three months of sleeping on one futon and waking up with terrible lower back pain yet again this weekend, I decided to do my futon up American style! That's right.. not one but TWO futon patties to slumber upon.

The change was partially sparked a recent fall skateboarding, when I fell with all of my body's potential energy landing on my tailbone. I heard a loud pop and thought I broke it. Sure it hurt, but I never went to the hospital and I'm getting along fine. However, three weeks later it still hurts, so I'm relishing the extra comfort.

So, on to the two things that I am confirming.

1. Two futons are by far more comfortable than one

2. Eating raw chicken is a culinary experience that I have to give a big thumbs down.

2 comments:

C. L. DeMedeiros said...

Neat!

Melinda said...

Maybe it isn't the futon that is giving you trouble, it's probably just that you're getting old! ;) Then again, only a foolish young person would eat raw chicken. Hehe.